Stellar Performance employed its Stellar Culture Process for a health system in the Midwest USA. The process guided the company's senior leaders in diagnosing existing culture and determing the best approaches for improving it across the health system.
The process included the following stages:
- Launch Project - Launch work team. Establish clear purpose, project plans, and timeline. Communicate effort to the senior leaders and to key stakeholders in the health system.
- Conduct Diagnostic - Measure levels of culture development in selected areas. Verify findings through survey, focus groups, interviews, and operational data.
- Define Current & Ideal Culture - Create a culture map, depicting differences in like operating units across areas. Define the best characteristics that will ensure improved performance. Identify managers in areas that thrive in leading in the ideal culture. Document their leadership behaviors and actions that create and sustain the desired culture.
- Conduct Strategic Planning & Alignment - Ideate and develop innovative ways to transform the culture. Align changes to existing change initiatives and determine what effort and funding is required. Secure agreement on the most important changes to embark on going forward.
- Launch Change Plans - Create the structure and process to launch plans for changes to transform culture in the health system. Ensure proper alignment is created with strategic priorities and current change initiatives.
The diagnostic utilized the Denison Organziational Culture Survey (DOCS), a validated instrument for assessing culture. Selected areas were diagnosed in Nursing, Ancillary, Physician, and Support Services units. The results were correlated through 1:1 interviews and focus groups conducted with leaders and key staff.
To learn more about this process for your company, CONTACT US.