Stellar Performance employed its Stellar Strategy Process for a fast-growing international firm headquartered in the U.S. The process guided the company's executive team to create and tell the story of what the company could be in five years with consensus and commitment on what it would take to get there.
The multi-stage process included the following key deliverables:
- Purpose - Create and Tell the Story of what the company could be in five years with consensus and commitment on what it would take to get there.
- Preparation - Get Ready for the Meeting by reviewing strategic planning data including environmental analyses, five-year projections, and by completing a survey to understand group views and interests.
- Projections - Understand the Trends by discussing all relevant strategic data and determining relevancy and importance.
- Possibilities - Envision What Could Be by brainstoriming objectives, initiatives, and options for attaining the vision.
- Portfolio - Define How It Will Work by funneling the possiblities, determining what to start, stop, and continue, and conducting a capabilities assessment.
- Proclamation - Tell the Story by writing a press release for the company to be used five years in the future.
- Passion - Take A Stand on the Future by having each executive team member make commitments on what it will take individuals members and the team to attain the vision.
The process was completed over a series of meetings and in addition to completing the steps, the team also spent time better understanding how to work with each other to maximize the quality of the work deliverables and buy-in to the outcomes. The process is technically never completed as the executive team and the company work through the ebb and flow of strategy through the implementation of initiatives and reactions to environmental changes.
To learn more about this process for your company, CONTACT US.